The GCC Environmental and Sustainable Development Forum (GEF) was launched in 2010, originally under the initiative of the Presidency of Meteorology & Environment. GEF has grown over the years in prestige and popularity to assert itself as Saudi Arabia’s flagship environmental event.
In 2016, there were new Royal Decrees ordered by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, on 8 May 2016. In particular one referred to changes for the Presidency of Meteorology & Environment:
“The amendment of the name of the General Presidency of Meteorology and Environment Protection to become the General Authority for Meteorology and Environment Protection; and shall have a board of directors.”
All future editions of GEF will therefore be held under the initiative of The General Authority of Meteorology and Environmental Protection.
GEF Fast Facts:
- Only environmental event now Under the initiative of The General Authority for Meteorology and Environmental Protection
- Serves all areas of the environment industry: Waste management, renewable energy and energy efficiency, water and wastewater
- The only event of its kind to be held under the patronage of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
- The longest running environment event in the Kingdom
- Only environmental event originally backed by the Presidency of Meteorology & Environment
Find out more about what happened during the last edition of GEF